Freshman Survival Seminar
When I first found out about the role simulation, I started freaking out about possibly having to speak in front of an audience. However, as the simulation progressed, I realized that I didn't have anything to worry about. If the older students had not been a part of the mix, no one else would have known what to do either. I was portraying a terrorist girl named Amira who is supposed to be a registered nurse; I’m not exactly sure why a registered nurse was a necessary part of taking hostages. It wasn’t a situation in which the potential hostages were hardened criminals stocked with a wide assortment of guns. I’m assuming that I was there just in case someone on my team had a problem with their weapon. Anyway, the Hostage Crisis was much more intense than I thought it was going to be. It was extremely frustrating when the U.S. Government would not cooperate with my group. I hate any kind of terrorism, so it was a weird to be frustrated at the lack of effort from the U.S. in negotiating. I was disappointed that they didn't do more. During the debriefing, the U.S. people said the main reason they had not been able to meet our demands was their lack of communication with Needak. Even so, it would have been nice to have heard from the U.S. a little more. When they refused our demands, they could have explained their reasons for the refusal. Nevertheless, I thought that it was a very interesting game, and it was a unique opportunity to meet and interact with the other freshman Honors students.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home