Open Forum: Week 1
I thought that the first discussion went very well. I had no clue as to what kind of information we would be dealing with, but it wasn't anything that went completely over my head. It seemed as though the conversation started to take a more political tone, democrats versus republicans, as we covered more of the topic. Nobody explicitly said 'I am (insert political party) and my party's opinion is my opinion and our opinion is absolute!' It was nowhere near that extreme. However, I did think that there were undertones of political persuasion intertwined with the topic. This is why I totally agreed with what Amanda said at the end of class. We are dealing with another country, and the politics are not the same as they are here in America. I think that in our future discussions we should try to argue using French logic rather than American logic. Besides that it was all very interesting!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home