Forum: Class Discussion
So, my group presented a couple of weeks ago, and the class discussion was last week. I thought the conversation kept up fairly well. However, I do agree with Dr. Kluthe that the topics we presented have been bringing up repetitive conversation. If I had been thinking, I might have tried to interweave the information Dr. Kluthe gave us at the beginning of the class into the discussion. She gave us the topic and the information, so there might be a connection between them that we have overlooked or set to the wayside. The French way of thinking may be responsible for some of the underlying tensions in the country.
France has not studied the immigration in the country, and it is possible that this lack of attention has led the French people to believe immigration is not an important issue or at least something that should be left to the government to handle. Not being French, I cannot say this absolutely. It seems as though the situation in France has been left to simmer for too long, and the riots are the first efforts at releasing the pressure. The more recent riots, intended to commemorate the earlier riots, should be an issue of concern in France as it appears the pot is about to boil over.
In future presentations/discussions, I think it might be prudent to examine the connection that the French way of thinking has to the political situations we are examining in class. I just wish I would have thought about that sooner.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home